Since I’ve posted my go-to oatmeal recipe with banana a couple of weeks ago, my eating routine has drastically changed. I started seeing a nutritionist to help me with my hyperglaecymia by changing up my diet. So naturally, my typical breafkast was tweaked as well.
In contrast to my lunch and dinner, a few minor tweaks were enough to optimise my breakfast for my personal needs. Stewed cinnamon apple took the place of banana, which upset me very badly at first, but has totally won me over by now. Coconut or oat milk replaced the almond or soy milk, which is easier on my digestion. And I’ve started seed cycling, but I’ll get into that in another article.
Anyway, though the formula has slightly changed, this breakfast is still filling, extremely delicious and -most importantly- especially suited for Autumn!
I hope you enjoy it as much s I do!
With all my love,
- 3-4 tablespoons oats
- 1 glass coconut or rice milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (25 grams)
- 1 apple
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- favourite toppings
- Cut the apple into thin slices.
- Put a baking pan on the stove.
- When the pan is hot, add in the apples. Bake them on both sides until golden-brown. Sprinkle on the cinnamon towards the end.
- While the apples are baking, put the oats in a microwaveable bowl. Pour on the milk or water and stir.
- Put the bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Take out of the microwave and add in the protein powder.
- Stir until there are no more lumbs. Add in more milk or water if needed.
- Top the porridge with the apple and the seeds (and maybe some more toppings if desired).
If you make this recipe, or are inspired by it, make sure to tag me in your posts, pop me an e-mail or write me a message!