As I recently faced some low blood sugar problems, I’ve been trying to research how to tweak my diet so I can avoid sugar highs and lows. I haven’t figured it out yet, but I’m trying very hard. One of the main things I found was that refined sugars are to be avoided and that fat and protein help stabilize blood sugar levels. And that’s just what I’m after. Never having cookies again, however, that’s not what I’m after. So I’m trying to create a perfect cookie recipe for both my taste buds and my blood sugar levels.
Here’s my first shot at exactly doing that. If you happen to have any hypoglycemic experience and tips, please please please hit me up. I could use all help in figuring this sh*t out.
I hope you enjoy the recipe!
high-protein low-carb almond cookies
- 50 grams almond meal
- 30 grams protein powder (vanilla flavour)
- vanilla essence, if your protein powder is not vanilla flavoured
- Preheat the oven for 180°C.
- In a bowl, mash the banana.
- Add the almond meal and protein powder (and mayb the vanilla essence) to the bowl.
- Stir everything together.
- Divide the batter in 12 parts and form little balls. Put them on a lined baking sheet.
- Press the cookies with your thumb.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!