It’s shameful how long I’ve been procrastinating posting this recipe. But hey, childhood favourites don’t go anywhere, do they?
This is one of the first recipes I made when I got into baking. Well, a slightly easier version of this recipe that is. But over the years I modified the recipe, made it healthier and eventually veganized it.
I hope you like it as much as I do! If you make it, let me know and show me pictures via Instagram, e-mail, …
carrot cake muffins with earl grey
- 200 grams wholewheat flour
- 120 grams oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 flax egg*
- 250 milliliters almond milk
- 10 centiliters very strong earl grey tea
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 60 grams apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 75 grams roughly chopped walnuts
- 60 grams raisins
- 140 grams grated carrots
- Preheat the oven for 190° Celsius.
- Put silicone muffin molds in your muffin tin.
- In a bowl, stir the flour, the oats, the baking powder, the ginger powder and the salt together.
- In another bowl, mix the flax egg, the almond milk, the earl grey tea, the maple syrup, the apple sauce and the vanilla essence.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold the walnuts, raisins and carrot in the batter.
- Divide the batter over the muffin molds.
- Put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden-brown.
For the flax egg: stir together 1 teaspoon grounded flax and 3 teaspoons water and let set in the fridge for 10 minutes.