Taking a different turn with this new recipe. As I’m a very busy gal, creating recipes entirely from scratch, recipe testing and testing again, typing it out, taking pictures, … takes a damn long time. And as my blog is now officially one year old (!), I figured it was time to up the content while keeping (or upping) the quality of my blog posts. So here goes: a veganized series!
I have a lot of non-vegan cookbooks and have a tons of magazines from my #prevegan life lying around. Vegan or not, they’re filled with loads and loads of delicious recipes. I think it would be a shame to just let them be. So I figured I’d veganize and healthy-fy the recipes that really stood out to me.
I’m starting the series with a recipe from a Dutch magazine that I read for years and years and years before going vegan: Libelle Lekker. I used to cut out all recipes I wanted to try and make side notes. I have hundreds of them lying around and since I have never managed to create a decent muffin recipe from scratch myself, I veganized this delicious looking one: fluffy chocolate chip banana muffins.
The original contains refined sugar, eggs and butter so I substituted those ingredients for more banana and coconut sugar (also less than the original). And guess what? They’re still very fluffy and yummy!
If you make them, make sure to tag me on Instragram, shoot me an e-mail or slide into my DM’s. I’d love to hear from you!
fluffy chocolate chip banana muffins
- 125 grams wholewheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 45 grams coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 35 grams dark chocolate chips
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100 milliliters almond milk
- Preheat the oven for 200° Celsius. Put silicone molds in your muffin tray.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and chocolate chips together.
- Peel the banana and mash them with a fork. Add the milk and stir thoroughly.
- Add the flour to the banana and milk mix and mix until well-combined.
- Fill up the molds.
- Bake the muffins for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.