So a while ago, right after my move back to Belgium, I went grocery shopping with my parents. You know, to get them goods I highly needed after having my own kitchen for a while. And so it was I came across a jar of pumpkin seed butter. Never tried it, never came across a recipe with it before. But I was highly intrigued, as it usually goes.
Came home, tried the damn thing and I didn’t like it. At all. And so the poor jar of pumpkin seed butter stood there in my cupboard, waiting for its purpose. Also, my mom doesn’t like me buying new jars of nut butters when there are still a lot left to empty. So I urgently had to use it bc buying new nut butters is kind of my hobby.
Salad dressing experiments turned out a big no, dipping fruit in it was on option either so I was left with one more thing to try: breakfast bars. And thank goodness they worked out. So if you’re stuck with the same problem, or you genuinly like pumkin seed butter, here’s my recipe!
And please let me know if you try them,
With all my nut butter love,
Pumpkin Seed Butter Breakfast Bars
- 1 apple
- 100 grams pumkin seed butter
- 100 grams soy yogurt
- 250 grams oats
- Preheat the oven for 180°C.
- Chop and blend the apple until puree.
- Add the pumpkin seed butter and the soy yogurt to the blender and blend until mixed very well.
- Add the puree into a bowl and add in the oats. Stir thoroughly with a spoon.
- Press into a lined baking tin. I used a 16cmx29cm one but you can use whichever one you have. Just make sure it’s roughly a 1cm layer.
- Bake for 12 min.
- You could of course use any other nut or seed butter you desire.