Ehm carrot cake in a brekkie version, need I really say more?
Truth to be told, I’m a big carrot cake fan but being a fulltime uni student, there’s sometimes just no time to bake (insert sad face here). So what is it you do to handle your cravings then? Right, whip up an easy knock-off version that’ll do until there’s time to make the real thing.
This version though! It is in fact very easy but it’s not just any knock-off. Dang this brekkie, I can’t get over it. I could meal prep this for an entire week, maybe even two, and not get tired of it.
Especially with Easter coming, I think carrot cake overnight oats are more than fitting for the time of year. Let me know if you try this recipe and make sure to tag me on your insta pics! I would love to see your re-creations.
Hope you enjoy!
With all my love,
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 1 carrot, grated
- 80 grams of oats
- 80 grams / 8 cl of almond milk *
- 80 grams of soy yogurt
- 2 dates, finely chopped
- 40 grams of walnuts, crushed
- juice of 1/4 a lemon
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well to combine the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into two jars.
- Put the jars in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top with: orange, your fave plant yogurt, banana, walnuts, …