Have you ever been there? That moment in which you have to decide whether to put peanut butter or chocolate spread on your slice of bread? And the doubt whether to add banana or not?
Nah, me neither. I always put it all on my bread. However I’ll admit that it is a struggle to put it all on my bread and that it usually turns out into one big mess.
That’s no longer an issue because I have just made my life and yours too way easier. I present to you: the double chocolate sweet potato bread. All you have to do now is spread pb and top it with banana and there you go. Perfect brekkie right ahead.
Double chocolate sweet potato bread
- 250 grams wholewheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 300 grams steamed sweet potato
- 3 dates
- 50 grams cacao powder
- 150 milliliters plant milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 20 grams 100% chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven for 180°C.
- Mix in a bowl the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir well.
- Blend the sweet potato, dates, cacao powder, milk, vanilla essence and apple cider vinegar until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir the wet and dry mixture together until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks of choc chips.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tin.
- Bake the bread for 35 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out dry.
- Smother in peanut butter and top with banana for the ultimate brekkie.