Apple bread or apple cake, what’s in a name right? It does not really matter how you name this cinnamon-y apple loaf and I’m sure you will think so too after you’ve eaten a slice. Cinnamon, apples and hazelnuts, does it get any more autumnal? Not for me. So get baking, make yourself a cup of tea and cuddle up under a blanket and enjoy the taste of autumn.
apple cinnamon bread with hazelnuts
- 300 grams of spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 100 grams of chopped hazelnuts
- 300 grams of applesauce
- 100 milliliters of hazelnut milk
- 100 grams of dried figs
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 100 grams of chopped hazelnuts + extra for decoration
- 1 apple
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingrdients.
- Put the dry ingredients into a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in the bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
- Chop 3/4 of the apple into cubes and slice the other quarter into thin slices.
- Fold in the apple cubes and hazelnuts.
- Pour the batter into a lined baking tin.
- Press the apple sliced and left-over hazelnuts slightly on top of the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out dry.
- Make yourself a cup of tea and cozy up!