Honestly, this recipe is genius if I may say so myself. I just threw my brekkie favourites together, put the mixture in the oven and it turned out so damn tasty! This cake is made of all healthy yummyness: soy yoghurt, oats, banana, chocolate and peanut butter. They’re already extremely on their own, but when combined ànd in cake form… that’s what I call brekkie perfection. And let me just tell you, a perfect day starts with a perfect brekkie. So what are you waiting for? Preheat your oven, get baking and set yourself up for a splendid tomorrow morning!
- 150 grams of oats
- 150 grams of oat flour
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of psyllium husk
- 300 grams of soy yogurt
- 100 grams of pitted dates
- 100 milliliters of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 banana – sliced
- some 100% chocolate – chopped – or chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir well.
- In a blender, add the wet ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the blended mixture into the mixing bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the banana and chocolate.
- Pour the batter into a lined baking tin.
- Swirl or spread the peanut butter on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out dry.
You could swap out the banana, chocolate and pb for whatever it is you like. Get creative with it!