Okay, let me set the tone for this blog for a sec: oatmeal, bananas and chocolate. Sweets, baked goods and dessert. That’s it. Well, it is for now. I like baking, breakfast and cake. I like it a lot. So here you go: a vegan food blog with brekkie and baking recipes.
Baked oatmeal is the perfect combination of all of these: it’s oats and banana so it classifies as breakfast. And it has to go into the oven, so it classifies as baked goods. Sign me up for that!
It’s so ridiculously easy to make and very convenient because you can use it for your meal prep. Baked oatmeal is an easy to-go option during the week or you can very easily fancy it up for a weekend brunch.
There are a lot of possible variations for this recipe. My fave is this one with pear and cherries, hope you enjoy!
pear and cherry baked oatmeal
- 1 banana – mashed
- 400 ml of plantbased milk (e.g. almond milk)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoon of flax seed
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 200 grams of oats
- 200 grams of frozen cherries
- 1 pear
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Stir the mashed banana, milk, lemon juice, flax, cinnamon and vanilla together in a mixing bowl.
- Let sit for ca. 10 minutes.
- Chop half the pear into cubes. Cut the other half into slices to use as topping.
- Add the oats, frozen cherries and pear cubes into the mixing bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture in a baking dish and top with the pear slices.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until firm and golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool down and cut into pieces. Serve in with some milk in a bowl or with a dollop of soy yogurt.
If you make the recipe, please make a pic and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations.
With all my love,