Sweet potato granola
- 300 grams peeled and roasted/steamed Japanese sweet potato (see notes)
- 300 grams oats
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven at 175°C.
- Blend the roasted sweet potato until smooth (or mash with a fork if you do not own a blender).
- Add the blended potato into a bowl with the oats and the cinnamon and knead until all clusters are formed. Make sure the oats and sweet potato are very well incorporated, you don’t want any loose pieces of the sweet potato mixture.
- Spread the mixture over a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 30 min. or until golden brown.
Be sure to let the granola cool down before transferring it to a jar.
- I usually just put one sweet potato in the oven for 40-50 minutes at 200°C or until soft, then weigh it out and weigh out the same amount of grams of oats to make this granola. Just use a 1-to-1 ratio of the ingredients in grams for the plain version of this granola.
- I use Japanese sweet potato because of the colour, but you could substitute any kind of sweet potato you like.
- Nut butter fan? Add in a tbsp of peanut butter to the batter! Hea-ven-ly.
I advise to eat the granola within a week before it goes stale.
I also have a recipe for a chocolate version of this granola. Click here to check it out.