Chocolate sweet potato granola
- 200 grams of peeled and roasted/steamed sweet potato (see notes)
- 2 dates
- 20 grams of cacao powder
- a teaspoon of cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 200 grams of oats
- Preheat the oven at 175°C.
- In a food processor, mix the sweet potato, dates, cacao powder, cinnamon and salt until smooth.
- Add the potato mixture and the oats into a bowl and knead until clusters are formed. Make sure everything is well incorporated, you don’t want any loose pieces of sweet potato mixture.
- Spread the clusters over a baking sheet. Also, lick the bowls and utensils -carefully! The mixture is safe to eat raw and so yummy.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
For the plain version of this granola, I use Japanese sweet potato. For this one I use Garnet sweet potato because it’s a bit sweeter of taste and the orange colour doesn’t matter because the cacao turns it brown anyway.
I usually just put one sweet potato in the oven for 40-50 minutes at 200°C or until soft, then weigh it out and weigh out the same amount of grams of oats to make this granola. Just use a 1-to-1 sweet potato-oats ratio for this granola, but be sure to adapt the other ingredients’ quantities.